Monday, January 3, 2011

Balance for 2011



I just wanted to reflect on 2010 . It was an amazing year for my training and LoVe. Ups and downs and a big year for change. I have to say I was pretty lost the end of 2009 and the first part of 2010. Alot changed when I met my husband. I let this industry swallow me up and when I started reaching goals I thought would mean everything I had come to find out it only left me confused.Confused because it didn't give me the satisfaction I thought it would . I had lost balance in my life and lost sight of what truly matters and sad to say selfish.
I was Letting negativity creep through, and losing what fitness has brought to my life. Thanks to Brady I got the confidence, balance and focus to get up on that stage and show up with the physique to do well. Now I'm not saying I don't spend most of my time at the gym and at home obsessing over carbs and protein. All I wanted since I was sixteen was to put on that shiny suit and show the world I have the dedication, commitment and self control that few have. I will never lose sight of the goal to go pro but it might have to wait. I wont be putting training my life on hold or live like I'm pregnant. I'm going to pick myself up and dust myself off after losing my baby five weeks ago(wanting no sympathy I'm not the first or the last ) I'm excited to be training for the Arnold, usa's and Nationals and letting god and my faith in what is meant to happen will happen. I'm blessed and am in a good place in life. I have found balance due to mostly my husband for his positive attitude and truly loving spirit as well as some advice from highly recognizable respected and successful athletes/models saying in the end they would give it all up to have a family. I'm NOT saying babies are for everyone what I am saying is don't miss out or lose what is truly important because in the end when the magazines and trophies have collected dust and we are old and gray will you tell stories of back in the day of course but who will be around for you to tell them to. Will you look back and wish someone was there that isn't or will you see that your passion didn't define you and your life. Whatever your dreams are whatever you seek hold on and don't let go believe its yours and it will be. Be the one that leaves the party Early because you have a date with the stair mill. spend your night prepping your food for the week. Drive in a blizzard in 7 degree weather just to pick up those weights.Be proud of every small improvment you make.Let the people who don't understand judge you and look at you like your some kind of freak lol. When its show time tan yourself up put your clear heels on and own that stage. Let all the dedication show. knowing that the people that matter most are in the audience the ones that supported you and picked you up off the floor when you just didn't want to do it anymore. That they are cheering you on now and for the rest of your life. Let the reason they are always there is because even though this sport takes up a majority of your time you would drop the weights in your hands when those people need you. I have found that balance has made me love and appreciate this sport again.

I want to thanks my family for supporting me through everything even though it may not always be somthing our religion approves of.

Thank my hubby for always saying the right things, and never making me feel anything less then the best and the most beautiful women on earth . and of course for being the future father to my children

To my sister and mom who have both accomplished so much my mom swimming a mile several times a week and my siSter training for marathons both with injuries and pain that would put most of us on the couch full of excuses.

To my amazing sweet brother and sister in law that with their faith and unconditional love inspire me every day to be a better person.

My friends near and far that are happy when im happy and are sad when im sad the kind that bring you up and truly love you for all the right reasons.

To my sponsor for believing in me and being what this industry is about and not to mention picking up my more than deserving husband as a new athlete which allows us to travel together .

9 comments:

  1. p.s just wanted to clear it up it was a loss of an unborn child...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacey, those are such beautiful words!! I wish all the best to you and your family in 2011. I will be at the Arnold's and I'll make sure to cheer extra loud! Happy training!!

    Amanda Lee
    WBFF Pro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl...ya went and made me cry again! Well written and beautifully said. We are a very lucky family...and pretty darn amazing if I do say so myself. I'm so proud of all of my children and feel like the luckiest mom on the planet. I'm grateful to you for inspiring me to get into better shape so I can be around to see my family grow. And I'm really proud of your hard work and dedication. Proud that you realized you needed balance and have worked hard to make it happen. I'm grateful to Brady for making you so happy and being such a wonderful man. We are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post Lacey. A truly "wise" woman, for lack of a better word.
    I've been there with you in the same/similar thoughts, discouraged with the industry, and you are right... we need to value our treasures that are right here with us.
    SOooo happy for you and Brady this year and what a blessing to find someone like that. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy...what a post. It is so awesome to see that the fitness pro's have a life and a good understanding of it. One quickly thinks that the fitness peeps are larger than life, but goes to show you too are human and it inspires me even more. Good luck with all your goals Lacey and do wish you and your husband a healthy family and future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS for reading I appreciate the support sometimes its good to put all ur feelings in writing ... make 2011 ur best year yet !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lacey,
    two years ago October 17th, 2008 my wife and i lost our first child, Anderson Perry at 26 weeks in the womb. we were devastated. all i wanted from life since i was a teenager was to be a father. it was not how i pictured fatherhood starting for me. i was about 195 then after losing 70 lbs with a trainer, but i lost desire to be anything so i just packed all of it back on in the last two years.
    i've seen your photos and you have helped me make a resolve to get fit and be the father i should be. only fitting that someone who has experienced the same loss, be the one to help me get my life back straight. thanks for this article. it only further solidifies my determination to make a come back.
    the happy ending is we now have a daughter, Autumn Lila who will turn a year old in February. God is faithful to pick us up after we are allowed to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a sad story with a happy ending thank you for sharing and thanks for the kind words it really means alot to me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read your post. I met you in Provo at the gym a couple years ago and you were such an inspiration to me and I am currently pursuing my NASM cert. I follow you when time allows. I knew you were pregnant, but I only just now found out about your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. You have an army of people who will help you along... God, Brady, friends and family, and all of those who you inspire with your own inner strength and dedication.

    With love,
    Paola Angelica

    ReplyDelete